Dufief’s Got Talent
Come watch our talented Dufief students.
When: Friday, March 2, 2018
Time: 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Where: Dufief APR
The conclusion of our 2018 Talent Show on Friday, March 2nd, will be a dance finale that is OPEN TO ALL DUFIEF STUDENTS regardless of participation in individual acts during the talent show. The only requirement to participate in the finale is attendance at our rehearsal! Please sign up to participate in the finale here:http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b49aeab2fa64-talent
The 2018 talent show finale rehearsal will be held in the APR room on Monday, February 26th from 6:00-6:30 pm.
This is the video that our choreographer, Julia Messing (THANKS JULIA!), will be teaching our dancers at the rehearsal on Monday, February 26th: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YjKNMoXSZkhdZhbK2LYuavskSd_OBpJC/view?usp=sharing . The music is “Cut To The Feeling” by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Please encourage your dancer(s) to become familiar with the dance in advance of the rehearsal and then you’ll be able to access the video between the rehearsal and the performance so that you can practice as much as you’d like!
Here are some notes about the dance:
- When the arrows show up, dancers will make a big semi circle. Then they will get into small groups and do a solo, while everyone else does a ‘step touch’.
- There will also be transitions which will be taught during rehearsals.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade are combined.
- Everyone will be on stage the whole time, when a grade is featured, they’ll be in the front of the group. Transitions will be taught at rehearsal.
- For now, just get familiar with the basic parts.
Please attend the rehearsal with a responsible adult. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org